Important Information about the Program and this Agreement
A. This document sets forth the terms of our Cashback Rewards Program and is an agreement between you and Chimpchange LLC. Use of your ChimpChange Prepaid Mastercard® Card Account or any feature of this Program indicates your acceptance of the terms of this Agreement. In this document, the following words have special meanings:
- “Agreement” means this document
- “Program” means this rewards program
- “Card Account” means your ChimpChange Prepaid Mastercard Card Account maintained by the Central Bank of Kansas City, Member FDIC, that is linked to this Program
- “Card” means any Card or Card Account number used to access your Card Account
- “we,” “us,” “our,” and “ChimpChange” mean Chimpchange LLC and its affiliates
- “you” and “your” mean the person responsible for the Card Account
- “Authorized User” means anyone you permit to use the Card Account
- “Cashback Rewards” are the cash rewards you earn under the Program through your use of the Card to conduct purchases, less any credits, returns, and adjustments, at eligible merchants
- “Bank” and “CBKC” means the Central Bank of Kansas City, Member FDIC
B. We may make changes to the Program and the terms of this Agreement at any time. For example, we may:
- add new terms or delete terms
- change how you earn Cashback Rewards
- change how you use Cashback Rewards
- add/remove participating merchants for the Program
When any change is made we will send notice to you in writing, which, at our option, may be delivered to you electronically by email or through our online services such as the ChimpChange Mobile App. It is your responsibility to review any correspondence to stay aware of any changes.
We may also terminate the Program at any time.
C. We may temporarily prohibit you from earning Cashback Rewards, using Cashback Rewards you’ve already earned, or using any features of the Program.
D. We may supplement this Agreement with additional terms, conditions, disclosures, and agreements that will be considered part of this Agreement.
How you can Earn Cashback Rewards
There is no limit to the Cashback Rewards you can earn.
You will earn Cashback Rewards when you, or an Authorized User, use a Card to make purchases of products and services, minus returns or refunds, at the participating merchants listed in these Program rules. Buying products and services with your Card at a participating merchant, in most cases, will count as a purchase; however, the following types of transactions won’t count and won’t earn Cashback Rewards:
- balance transfers
- travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers or similar cash-like transactions
- lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, race track wagers or similar betting transactions
- any checks that access your account
- unauthorized or fraudulent charges
- purchases made by or for a business or for business purposes
You will earn 1% Cashback Rewards for each whole dollar spent at a participating merchant, on a per transaction basis. This equates to $0.01 in Cashback Rewards for each $1 spent. For example, if you complete a transaction for $102.50, you will earn $1.02 in Cashback Rewards.
Participating merchants currently include Lyft, Postmates and Domino’s.
A qualifying transaction is a transaction funded by your ChimpChange Card with a participating merchant listed in these Program rules, if the transaction appears as a settled purchase transaction on your ChimpChange Card Account.
How you can use your Cashback Rewards
You can earn Cashback Rewards in U.S. dollars starting at a minimum of $0.01. Cashback Rewards will be electronically deposited to your Account by Bank within 3 days of being earned. The decisions we make regarding Cashback Rewards redemption are final. We have no liability for fulfilling Cashback Reward requests in good faith in response to any person claiming authority on your behalf. Once ChimpChange issues a Cashback Reward, if any transaction contributing to the value of that Cashback Reward is refunded or credited, or otherwise rescinded, we and Bank may, at our discretion, withhold subsequent Cashback Rewards, or collect any amount you owe, in any appropriate manner.
How you could be prohibited from earning or using Cashback Rewards
We may temporarily prohibit you from earning Cashback Rewards or using Cashback Rewards you’ve already earned:
- if we suspect that you’ve engaged in fraudulent activity related to your account or the program.
- if we suspect that you’ve misused the Program in any way.
You can begin earning and using Cashback Rewards again after your Card Account becomes current or when we no longer suspect fraud or misuse of the Card Account or Program.
There is no expiration date on your Cashback Rewards, as long as your Card Account remains in good standing.
You agree to release us, and any of our affiliates from all liability, including:
- Any loss, claim, expense or damages you experience in connection with Cashback Rewards. If at all, the sole extent of any liability will not exceed the actual value of the Cashback Reward.
- Any claims, expenses and legal fees arising from or related to any violation of these Program rules by you or anyone using your Card Account.
- Any typographical errors or omissions in any Program-related document.
- Delayed or lost correspondence sent by U.S. mail or any other form of delivery, including email.
- Any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Cashback Rewards accrued and redeemed or other Program activities.
Since Cashback Rewards have a monetary value, you’re responsible for any tax responsibilities that may arise from redeeming Cashback Rewards. Please consult your tax advisor for details.
All aspects of the Program are governed by the laws of the State of California. In states that don’t allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of liability, the above limitations may not apply.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE RULES, WE SOLELY PROVIDE YOUR INFORMATION TO BANK ON A PASS THROUGH BASIS. BANK IS SOLELY AUTHORIZED TO HOLD AND INITIATE OR EXECUTE CASHBACK REWARDS TRANSFERS ON YOUR BEHALF. AT NO TIME WILL WE CONTROL OR HOLD YOUR FUNDS.